Finally, the dust begins to settle.

Wow! 2014. That was the year of my last post. Time has definitely gone by so quickly.

The kids are starting to be their own persons, and even I am finally getting on track again. These past 3,5 years have been hectic, exciting, stressful as well as educational. Not just in the academic sense, but also in the knowledge of which goals which I aspire and prioritize.

After getting my Bachelor of Arts in Pre-school Education, I feel that my life and family situation is back on track. Even though there is the day-to-day stress, I somewhat have more time for my kids. The priorities have changed as well as the reality of what can be achieved in the amount of time that we have.

Of course, my toxic endless expectations of myself hasn't miraculously vanished. It is still present and is a part of my daily struggle. Being a "single mom" (meaning, the months where I am alone with the kids while my husband is away at sea) can have its strains on how I discipline my children as well as on the importance of routine and trust in our family. I have to be a loving and supporting parent as well as a just, reasonable and open mom to be able to accommodate my children's needs.

Speaking of the significance of time. My husband and I would probably have the time we so desperately need after him living with a student for 3,5 years! No more school literature on the kitchen island! No more disappearing in my own world where I am encapsulated in my own soundproof bubble! No more trips where we have a third wheel (my laptop)! No more anti-social behavior! Hopefully, our lives will seem more normal this time around.

The dust is finally clearing.

Kommentarer

Populära inlägg